I purchased a 4 year edition in 2012 and it quit working in July 2015.I spent two days on the phone with technical support, both individuals helping me were out of the country.

Bottom line...my activation code would not work to re-activate my security and Kaspersky has refused to issue a new one because I do not have my original receipt. Yes, my product was registered with them and yes, it was the same computer from the original purchase. The registration of the product is not recognized by Kaspersky as proof of purchase and I keep getting prompted to buy a new edition. How convenient for them!

They have quite a scam going with their poor customer service and their product "conveniently" crashing prior to it's expiration.

DO NOT TRUST THEM!

This reviewer shared experience about "product failure & refusal to fix problem/attitude of kaspersky" and wants this business to "i want to prevent other consumers from falling prey to this scam! kaspersky does not care if their product serves you well, they just want your mone!" as the author lost $250. williwog is overall dissatisfied with Kaspersky Lab. The most disappointing about kaspersky lab technical support at Kaspersky Lab was no support , but reviewer liked uninstalling their software. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kaspersky Lab.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Software category for more informed decision or compare Kaspersky Lab to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kaspersky Lab?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1333972

Yes, I just had the same problem with their so called tech support.Kaspersky is a very good product, but unfortunately their off shore tech support staff are a bunch of incompetent loons.

They don't even have a customer service number to call, so there is no place to go for compaints of their tech support.

My problem was that the MyKaspersky web site is indicating my license has expired, but my Kaspersky desktop software indicates I have 144 days remaining.Tech support doesn't have a clue as to what the problem is or how to fix it.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1179397

Kaspersky's brand of "customer service" is amazing, and not in a good way.Yep, I spent $54 renewing my subscription yesterday.

It installed, but the application insists that my license expires at 11pm CST tonight. I paid the ransom to Kaspersky, but they didn't renew my license.

What a rip off.I do NOT recommend Kaspersky.

their tech support really is gawdawful. just terrible terrible.